My Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is the perfect way to warm up and light on the calories.
Hey there friends, this is Jennifer from JENRON DESIGNS. Here’s my light and tasty Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe. This is one of the easiest soups to make. Adding fun garnishes like tri-colored tortilla strips, fresh jalapenos, avocado slices, and cilantro, makes it taste as good as it looks.
For this recipe, I highly recommend using all fresh ingredients. While it may take a little more time to chop them up, I promise it is so worth it for the rich flavor profile you will create.
However, you can save a little time by using a pre-cooked Rotisserie Chicken from your local grocery store. Simply remove the meat in shreds or cut the meat into hearty chunks.
To start this recipe saute your onions, garlic, jalapenos, and bell peppers in 2 tbsp of olive oil using a Spurtle for 7-8 minutes. Add in your chicken, beans, corn, rice, tomatoes, lime juice, and chicken broth. Secure lid and cook at manual high pressure for 15 minutes.
When finished use the quick pressure release valve to vent steam. Ladle the contents in a bowl. Top with 1/4 cup of Tri-Colored tortilla strips and squeeze fresh lime wedge over your soup. Garnish with your choice of avocado, cheese, sour cream, fresh jalapenos, and Cilantro.
Some more tasty 3 Qt. Instant Pot meals
You can also check out our other piping hot, savory and tasty Instant Pot soups.
Perhaps our French Onion Chicken Bake made in the Pressure Cooker may suit your fancy as well. ENJOY!
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot 3 Qt. Mini ( Recipe Can be doubled for larger size Instant Pots)
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper chopped
- 4 Jalapenos Peppers 3 Minced, 1 Sliced for garnish
- 4 cups Rotisserie Chicken shredded or chopped (approximately two breasts)
- 6 cups Chicken Stock (or to the fill line of your Instant Pot)
- 1 14.5 oz Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz Corn rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz Black Beans rinsed
- 1 10 oz Tri-colored Tortilla Salad Topper Strips
- 1/2 cup Rice (white)
- 3 Limes 2 juiced, 1 for garnish bowl wedges
- 1 avocado pitted, slices Garnish optional
- 1 cup Nacho Taco Blended Cheese Shredded, Garnish optional
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil Preferred Cilantro & Roasted Onion oil; for added heat you can use a Jalapeno infused oil.
- 1 cup Cilantro Fresh, Chopped Garnish optional
- 2 tbsp Garlic minced
- Pre chop all your ingredients. Set Instant Pot to Saute setting add olive oil, onion, jalapenos, garlic and bell peppers. Saute for 7-8 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add in chicken, tomatoes, corn, beans, rice lime juice and chicken stock. Do not overfill the pot, you may not use all the Chicken stock depending on Instant Pot size.
- Seal Instant Pot, and set to manual high pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- When finished cooking use a long handle spoon to open quick pressure release valve.
- Ladle into a bowl and top each with lime wedge, and tri-color tortilla strips.
- You may wish to garnish with avocado slices, sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro and slice jalapenos.
Cheater cook time magnets HERE. Not only useful, but they are also quite cute too!
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!