My Easy Instant Pot Chili Mac is the perfect Fall comfort Night Dinner. Hey there friends, this is Jennifer from JENRON DESIGNS. Today I’m sharing one of my family’s Halloween traditions, Instant Pot Chili Mac.
My Instant Pot Chili Mac recipe is a Halloween tradition around our home this time of year. This was my mother’s chili recipe that used to cook all day long on Halloween, but now I have converted to a quick Instant Pot meal.
You will want to start by sauteing your rough chopped onion and green peppers in 2 tbsp of oil for 5 minutes.
Next, add 1 lb of ground sirloin to your Instant Pot and lightly brown for 7-8 minutes. Stir in your seasoning mix at this point to lightly toast, and add your chocolate. Chocolate is the secret to this recipe which gives you chili a slight mole’ favor.
Next add in your Tri Bean mix, tomatoes, and the beef stock. Place lid on top of Instant Pot and cook on High-pressure manual for 20 minutes.
To create the chili mac, I cook 2 cups of elbow macaroni during this time so it is ready to assemble when the chili is done. NOTE: You can make pasta prior to cooking in the Instant Pot and set it aside.
If you have two Instant Pots, you can cook the elbows accordingly:
- 3 cups of water
- add elbows
- set on High Pressure for 4 minutes
- let natural release for one minute then do your quick release
- drain and rinse.
Instant Pot Chili Mac
Then serve up the macaroni into your bowl and top with your red bean chili. Garnish with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and a few fresh jalapeno slices. Enjoy!
Don’t forget your side of cornbread
Some more tasty 3 Qt. Instant Pot meals HERE
How to make Instant Chili Mac in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot 3 Qt. Mini ( Recipe Can be doubled for larger size Instant Pots)
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Green Pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb Ground Sirloin
- 1 14.5 oz Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 15 oz Tri Color Beans (black, chili, & red bean)
- 2 oz Espresso Dark Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 2 cups Elbow Macaroni Optional
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese Shredded, Optional
- 8 oz Sour Cream Optional
- 3 Jalapenos Sliced, Optional (reserve some for garnishing)
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 cup Beef stock
- Premix all the spices together, and set to side.
- Set your Instant Pot to Saute add olive oil, all peppers and onions (optional Jalapenos). sweat for for 5 minutes.
- Add in ground sirloin, and lightly brown for 10 minutes. Adding all your chili spices to toast into the meat.
- Drop in your chocolate squares to melt during the 2-3 minutes of cooking.
- Add tomatoes, beans and beef stock to pot.
- Secure lid and set to manual high pressure cook for 20 minutes
- Boil up your elbow macaroni during the cook time, for you chili mac.
- When finished cooking quick release the vent.
- Serve up pasta into the base of bowl, top with chili and garnishes.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
More Quick and Easy Instant Pot Recipes
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!