My Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup is a tasty alternative to the traditional Chicken Noodle Soup. Hey there friends, this is Jennifer from JENRON DESIGNS. Here’s my Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup recipe.
This recipe was always one of my mama’s favorites. I think it was because of the Orzo pasta noodles and spinach, which makes this recipe so unique.
The ingredients are all “souper” simple. I use a frozen cajun mirepoix mix, fresh thick-cut carrots, spinach, harvest grains orzo, and premade meatballs.
The recipe starts out by sauteing a cajun style mirepoix, & carrots in 2 tbsp of oil. The reason I use a cajun mirepoix in this scenario is that I want the green peppers, celery, and onion in addition to carrots. You could use a regular mirepoix and add your own chopped pepper if that is what you already have on hand.
Next, you will stir in your Meatballs, frozen or homemade, and the Knorrs Chicken Bouillon. I used a Spurtle. Saute’ for an additional 10 minutes. Finally, add your chicken stock and harvest grain orzo. Cook at Manual High Pressure for 15 minutes.
After a quick vent, you will want to stir in your spinach. You may notice after cooking that the orzo might have soaked up all your stock, which is fine simply add in more stock for a soupier texture.
Some more tasty 3 Qt. Instant Pot meals HERE
Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup
Italian Wedding Soup
- Instant Pot 3 Qt. Mini ( Recipe Can be doubled for larger size Instant Pots)
- 1 lb Meatballs Frozen or homemade
- 4 cups Chicken Stock 3 for recipe reserve (one for post cooking additions )
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 bag Cajun Mirepoix
- 1 cup Carrots Thick chopped
- 2 tbsp Knorr Chicken Bouillon
- 1 cup Orzo Harvest Grain Mix
- 1 5 oz Container Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese Shredded for garnish
- Place Instant Pot on Saute' for 15 minutes
- Add oil and Saute' Mirepoix and carrots for the first 5 minutes.
- Stir in meatballs, and Knorr Seasoning saute' for additional 10 minutes
- Pour in 3 cups of chicken stock and Orzo. Place lid on top of Instant Pot and set for manual high pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- At the end of cook time release steam manually and remove lid. Stir Spinach into soup. If you notice soup is too thick add remaining 1 cup of broth.
- Cover pot and allow to stay warm for 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese. Serve with a crusty Italian Garlic bread.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Check out our Air Fried Wings or our Ninja Foodi BBQ Chicken Wings.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!