Instant Pot Thai Basil Chicken Fried Rice brings a taste of the Far East right to your own kitchen. Hey there, friends, Jennifer from JENRON DESIGNS. A guest here today on Home Pressure Cooking sharing her favorites with us today Instant Pot: Thai Basil Chicken Fried Rice.
I have always enjoyed eating exotic cuisine, from around the world since I was a child. So it only stands to reason, that I would figure out how to make it quick and easy with my Instant Pot as weeknight, timesaving, dinner. Love Thai food like us? You can check out a few of my other Thai recipes like my Thai Coconut Shrimp, and Thai Green Curry Chicken.
This recipe infuses so many of my favorite flavors together, but the real star ingredient is Thai Basil., I grow my own fresh Thai Basil in my garden. You can now find Thai Basil at many local supermarkets, and specialty food stores like Trader Joe’s, Fresh Market, Whole Foods, and Wegman’s.
Here is how this simple recipe comes together. Select saute on your Instant Pot, for 10 minutes. Add in Olive Oil and seer your chicken until golden brown for 5-7 minutes. Then add peppers, spring onion, garlic, and Thai Basil for the remaining saute’ time.
Add in all other ingredients with the exception of your garnishes. Lightly stir to combine. Then secure your lid and set Instant Pot to Manual High-Pressure setting for 10 minutes. When finished allow steam to naturally release. Garnish with carrot shreds, peanuts, and fresh Thai basil.
This recipe was made in the 3 Qt. Instant Pot. However, can be made in any size pot. You can check out Home Pressure Cooking recipes made in the 3 Qt. Instant Pot
Instant Pot Thai Basil Chicken
- Instant Pot 3 Qt. Mini ( Recipe Can be doubled for larger size Instant Pots)
- 1 lb Chicken Breast diced
- 1/2 cup Yellow Pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup Spring Onion chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil fresh, whole leaves
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Thai Basil fresh, whole leaves
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp Tamari (Soy Sauce)
- 1/4 cup Thai Chili Sauce
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Rice
- 1/4 cup Shredded Carrots garnish
- 1/4 cup Peanuts garnish
- 4 sprigs Thai Basil garnish
- 1/2 cup Bean Spouts garnish (optional)
- Select Saute on your Instant Pot and set for 10 minutes.
- Pour in Olive Oil and Chicken brown for 5-7 minutes.
- Add Peppers, Spring Onion, garlic and Thai Basil for the remaining saute time.
- Once complete add all other ingredients except for the garnishes. Stir to combine.
- Secure lid and set Instant Pot to Manual High Pressure setting for 10 minutes. When finished allow steam to naturally release.
- Garnish with carrot shreds, peanuts and fresh Thai Basil.
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure Cooking today!
Find us on YOUTUBE
Feel free to join our Facebook Recipe Group. You can learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes.
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your everyday pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
Need even more recipes?
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods. Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands-on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer, and Mealthy CrispLid.