BBQ Chicken Taco: Southern Style is the new way to do Taco Tuesday. Hey there friends, this Jennifer from JENRON DESIGNS. A guest here today on Home Pressure Cooking sharing her Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Tacos: Southern Style.
Hey Y’all, this is one of my absolute favorites. I could eat these every week or heck every day. It is a fun southern-style twist on Taco Tuesday by making them with BBQ. Just make up your batch of pulled chicken BBQ in the Instant Pot and dress your tacos with crumbled goat cheese, fried pickles, and onion straws. Then just drizzle a little extra BBQ sauce on top, and you are good to go. You now have Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Taco: Southern Style
The first thing you need to do is add set your Instant Pot to Sauté. Add olive oil and chopped onions to the pot and sweat until translucent. Then coat chicken breast with a BBQ spice rub and place in Instant Pot on top of onions. Top it all with 1 cup of your favorite sauce. Secure the lid and seal the steam release valve. Select the Manual Setting or Pressure Cook High for 18 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking, Preheat your air fryer to 425°. In small batches, place your pickles in a single layer in your basket and cook until golden brown and crispy, approximately 10 minutes. Turn pickles over continue cooking until golden brown and crispy, 10 minutes. You will want to spritz them with cooking oil to keep them nice and crispy.
Allow Instant Pot to naturally vent and decompress before opening. Remove chicken and shred meat, in a shallow pan coat all meat with remaining sauce. You may need to open the additional bottle at this point.
You can check out more southern style comfort foods on Home Pressure Cooking.
Some more tasty 3 Qt. Instant Pot meals
Instant Pot BBQ Tacos: Southern Style
- Instant Pot 3 Qt. Mini ( can be doubled for a larger 6 Qt. Pot)
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts
- 1 sweet onion minced, (Vidalia onion)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp BBQ Spice Rub
- 32 oz BBQ Sauce approximately 2 bottles
- 1 pack Flour Street Tortillas 12 ct.
- 1 pack Farm Rich Frozen Fried Pickles (perfect in ninja air fryer)
- 1 4oz Goat Cheese Crumbles
- 1 can Onion Straws
- Set your Instant Pot to Sauté, Add olive and chopped onions, sweat until translucent about 10 minutes.
- Coat chicken breast with spice rub and add to Instant Pot on top of onions. Top with 1 cup of sauce.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set to high-pressure cook for 18 minutes.
- Preheat Ninja Fryer to 425 degrees. Place Fried pickles in single layer in basket. Cook 7- 10 minutes per side. You can spritz with a cooking oil for added crispness when flipping.
- Allow Instant Pot to vent and decompress before opening. Remove chicken and shred meat, in a shallow pan coat all meat with remaining sauce, you may need to open the additional bottle at this point.
- Load Tortillas with pulled chicken, top with a crumbled slice of goat cheese, extra BBQ Sauce, Fried pickles and Onion Straws. Meal suggestions: serve with a side salad & ranch, refried beans or Texas caviar and chips.
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure Cooking today!
Find us on YOUTUBE
Feel free to join our Facebook Recipe Group. You can learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes.
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your everyday pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
Need even more recipes?
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods. Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands-on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer, and Mealthy CrispLid.