Pretty soon it’s back to school time! Lots of soon-to-be even busier Moms. Today I am sharing an Instant Pot Shredded Mexican Beef recipe that you can whip up in no time and have dinner on the table just in time.
Meal planning was always my most stressful part of the day when my kids were small. I always felt dinner had to be ready for them as soon as they walked in from school. Otherwise, the pantry door was non-stop open and shut looking for snacks. Finally, I got smart and stopped buying so many snacks and started having fruit on the counter.
This Instant Pot Shredded Mexican Beef is an incredible meal prep-item. Great for Tuesday Taco night or a simple Sunday supper. Also great on taco salads, sprinkled over nachos, or just on it’s own out of the container.
Mexican style shredded beef is also a very cost effective cut of beef. Turns fall apart tender with just the right amount of spice and cook time.
Put all those yummy spices that just sit in the cabinet to great use, you know you have a lot of them just sitting there.
Incredible meal prep item–Sunday taco night then use all week for burrito bowls, taco salads, sprinkled over nachos, or just on its own straight out of the container!
Don’t you just want to lick the screen?! 🙂 The good news for you is you can go make this Instant Pot Shredded Mexican right now in a jiffy
Shredded Mexican Beef in the Instant Pot
- 1.5 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch pieces (chuck roast or round roast are great options!–I used round roast)
- 1 tbsp chile powder
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, toss all the spices together with a fork or whisk.
- Put cubed beef into the spice mix and toss, until beef is fully coated in the spice mixture.
- Set Instant Pot to 'Sauté' and then adjust the temperature with the 'Adjust' key to 'More'.
- Add in vegetable oil then add seasoned beef and let it brown on all sides. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add in fresh lime juice and beef broth, cover lid, and seal pressure valve.
- Set Instant Pot to cook for 55 minutes at high pressure.
- Quick release the pressure valve when the time has elapsed and carefully open the lid. Using a fork, shred the cooked beef into the cooking liquid–this will be very easy as meat will be very tender!
- Using tongs, transfer shredded beef to a serving platter (save the cooking liquid for storage the meat and keeping it tender/flavorful!) and top with cilantro. I also love topping with pickled jalapeños for a spicy kick!
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure cooking today!
Find us on YOUTUBE
Feel free to join our Facebook Recipe Group. You can learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes.
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your everyday pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
Need even more recipes?
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods. Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands-on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer, and Mealthy CrispLid HERE.