Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe’s are a fun way to celebrate Back to School season. Hey there friends, meet Jennifer from JENRON DESIGNS. Today we’re making Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes for back-to-school season.
This is my Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe’s recipe which is a fun recipe that I created especially for my back-to-school high school reunion dinner. I served this dinner on nostalgic cafeteria-style trays filled with tater tots, side salad, and sheet cake. It looks fun right?”
My Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe’s concept was inspired by infusing a childhood favorite with a more elevated version of the sandwich. So, I made a Sloppy Joe sauce base with a richer, beef-based flavor, added in peppers, onions, mushrooms, and topped it with smoked provolone cheese.
Turn your instant pot to the saute setting. Add olive oil, onions, garlic, and peppers and saute’ until onion is translucent, approximately 10 minutes. Next, add your ground sirloin and brown slightly. Then stir in your mushrooms, soup mix, cornstarch, and brown sugar. Pour beef consume over the entire mix and continue to stir until incorporated. Place lid on your Instant Pot and set to High Pressure, cook for 10 minutes.
Allow venting naturally for approximately 10 minutes, before opening. Serve on toasted buns, topped with cheese. Along with your favorite sides like tots or nice side salad.
Looking for more recipes using the 3 Qt. Instant Pot? You can find them HERE.
Intant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe’s
- Instant Pot 3 Qt. Mini ( can be doubled for a larger 6 Qt. Pot)
- 1 lb Ground Sirloin
- 1 Onion, small sweet, (Vidalia onion) minced
- ¼ cup Garlic minced
- 1 Bell Pepper green or red, chopped
- 1 Envelope Onion Soup Mix
- 8 oz Mushroom fresh, sliced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 can Beef Consomme' Soup Can be found in the soup section.(Campbell's) It's an amped up beef stock with celery, onion and garlic flavors.
- 1 package Bakery Sandwich Buns
- 1 package Slice Provolone cheese
- Turn Instant Pot on to Saute', add olive oil, onions, garlic and peppers. Saute' until onion are translucent.
- Add ground sirloin Instant Pot Saute' until slightly browned
- Stir in mushrooms, soup mix, cornstarch, and brown sugar. Pour beef consume over top of mixture.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set to High Pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and naturally decompress approximately 10 minutes before opening.
- Stir and Serve on toasted buns topped with cheese and favorite sides like tots or side salad.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!