Hi there, friends! Today I am sharing a very tasty and simple mushroom risotto made in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. You could consider this a vegan dish. Almost 100% vegan if you do not add the freshly grated Parmesan cheese. I say pass me the cheese, please!
More for Me
My husband has pea phoebe. I, on the other hand, do not. This dish was exclusive to me, and all me. Truth is, Mike was working so he missed out regardless. This mushroom risotto can be made without peas too-of course.
Fresh mushrooms, chopped onion, some chopped garlic, and a little bit of fresh thyme.
Give Risotto a Chance
One heaping cup of risotto. If you never tried risotto I highly recommend giving your first go with this recipe. Risotto is a creamy rice dish both comforting and warm. Much easier than you may think. Not to mention, made in the Instant Pot really makes it a breeze.
If cooking on the stove top, risotto typically is a long simmer, and a constant watch. That’s the beauty of our Instant Pots, set and go!
I hope you enjoy this mushroom risotto in the Instant Pot as much as I did.
Mushroom Risotto in the Pressure Cooker
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped finely
- 1/2 medium-sized onion, finely diced, about 1/2 cup
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms (sliced 1/4" thick)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock You can substitute chicken stock, if you don't mind the dish not being vegetarian!
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Set the pressure cooker to 'Sauté'. Add the extra virgin olive oil and let it heat up for 30 seconds; add in the diced onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent. This should take about 3 minutes!
- Add in the sliced mushrooms and continue to sauté for another 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the rice, vegetable stock, dried thyme and salt. Turn off 'Sauté' mode.
- Cover pressure cooker, set pressure to 'High', and set time for 6 minutes. Be sure valve is set to 'Sealing'.
- When the timer goes off, safely release the pressure valve.
- Stir in the frozen peas, until thawed, about 1 minute.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and serve immediately!
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure Cooking today!
Find us on YOUTUBE
Feel free to join our Facebook Recipe Group. You can learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes.
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your everyday pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
Need even more recipes?
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods. Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands-on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer, and Mealthy CrispLid.