Welcome to Home Pressure Cooking! where you never know what next experiment I am whipping up just for you. I always test my recipes before I share them. If they are a nay, well, you don’t see them here. I have had a few NAYS!~ It happens. I despise wasting food though and I try my best to always make it a YAY for you. Today I am sharing Keto egg bites in the Ninja Foodi
Let me start by saying I am not one of these peeps who are always on the next diet trend. Truth is, Weight Watchers has always been my tried and true way of losing weight, when the need arises, for many years. Twenty years to be exact. I stayed on track for many years and within my goal weight. Then all of a sudden… Menopause hit, and hit hard! If you are a male reading this, sorry, this is life and what women deal with. It is no fun in many more ways than one. Last year I joined Weight Watchers again because an extra ten pounds just crept up on me.
Carbs Are Our Dietary Downfall
Yes, I can blame all the delicious cakes and treats I have made in the past two years in the Instant Pot. Was it the Instant Pot that made me fat? Probably not, but I did do a whole of experimenting and a few too many taste tests. Not to mention my carb intake even on Weight Watchers probably has been too much. I started reading up on the Keto diet. The minute I read hormone re-set, and bacon, I was all in! There is no doubt carbs are my downfall. I love bread, I love pizza, I love cake. I am not saying I won’t eat these things again, because I will. One must live life and indulge on occasion. Indulge does not mean every other day though.
About the easiest things to make whether using the air fryer or your oven are little mini bites molds HERE.
My mold just happens to be Amazon’s Choice for the past month. It really is an awesome-quality mold that you will get a ton of use of. PLUS, buying from me (Home Pressure Cooking) you are supporting a small business owner brand that is trustworthy, and you know where to find me:) Just sayin’ I stand behind my products and will always take care of my customers.
Weight Loss Journey
Clean-up is a breeze as well as storage for a grab-and-go snack filler. You can check out my 50+ recipes to use egg bite molds. In my first week on the Keto diet, I have lost 5 lbs.! I was in shock when I stepped on the scale. Considering the last time I did Weight Watchers it took me a whole month to lose 5 lbs. I am not saying that is a bad thing, and believe me, I will always be thankful to Weight Watchers and what I have learned. It was just the realization that I knew my body needed the re-set and jump-start to kick my old butt into a metabolism drive again. I suppose my body had a memory, in a sense, been there done that, you need something different! You can check out all my Weight Watcher recipes. They sure are yummy and some I can still and will incorporate into my new diet.
Amazing Egg Bites
My egg bites look like they have chickenpox. I am not sure why that happened. I am thinking perhaps the bacon grease or coconut milk I added to the mixture. Trust me when I tell you, the taste was not compromised. These Keto egg bites were amazing! Whether or not you are on Keto, it doesn’t matter, just make them, enjoy them, and thank me later:)
You can find all my KETO recipes to date made in the Ninja Foodi.
Remember all recipes can be easily converted to any Air Fryer, Pressure Cooker, stovetop, or oven method.
Keto Egg Bites in the Ninja Foodi
Keto Bacon and Egg Bites
- 4-5 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk or regular milk canned
- 1 cup spinach cut up
- 6 eggs
- Cook your bacon in the Ninja Foodi. I used the Air crisper basket and placed my slices of bacon inside the basket so that the drippings would land in the ceramic liner. You can do right in the liner or on the trivet.
- Set at 400 degrees, air crisp for 10 minutes for crispy. Less time if you don't like it crispy. Remove crisping basket and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl place 6 eggs, add bacon grease (optional), add spinach, and coconut milk. add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Spray the egg bite molds with non-stick butter spray evenly. Set mold on a trivet. Fill each mold evenly with the egg mixture. Set the trivet and the mold in the Ninja Foodi. Lower the crisping lid and set the time to 325 for 17 minutes.
- Remove from the Foodi and set to cool. Pop each one out of the mold and enjoy with tomato or avocado on top. You may leave eggs in the mold and replace the lid that came with your mold. Find a place in the fridge to stash them for a grab-and-go snack or breakfast. Yes, these are great cold too!