ned Hey there everyone! I see you’re back again. I am thrilled to have you. Today I am sharing how to make pumpkin spice cake bites using egg molds in the Instant Pot. There is, however, no pumpkin in this recipe.
Do they look like pumpkins or acorns?
Fall is my all-time favorite season. I couldn’t wait to start making fun and festive desserts for our son.
I mentioned in my last post where I made the chocolate chip cake bites in the egg molds, I like to have a special treat for our son when he comes home from school. He doesn’t like the flavor of pumpkin so I made him “Spice Cake Ones” instead.
For this recipe, all you need is a Duncan Hines spice cake mix, pretzel sticks, sprinkles, and some green cupcake frosting. The cupcake frosting comes in a can with different tips you can use to make a design. Very fun and easy to use, and no mess. The can will last a while too. You also need an egg bite mold to make these pumpkin spice cake bites. (Get your egg bite mold by clicking here).
**Note** you can use any flavor cake you desire Martha White mixes fit the entire package in one mold.
Ordinary Turned Creative
I love nothing more than taking something ordinary and doing something a little more creative with it. Sure the egg bites are delicious, but it’s time we think outside the mold. There are a lot of great bites we can make in the egg bite molds. Here’s a link to over 50 ideas using the egg bite mold.
Back to my pumpkins now. 🙂 Mix your cake according to the box directions. I hand mix my cakes with my Spurtles, especially when baking in the Instant Pot. They tend to get too fluffy and bake way too high if you mix with an electric mixer.
Be sure to spray your mold with non-stick butter or coconut spray. You want your cake bites to easily pop out, which they will if you prepare the mold with non-stick spray first. Don’t forget your cup of water to add to the inner liner of the pot, always!
After 12 minutes on High-Pressure and the Manual setting, you can do a quick release, remove the mold from the pot, and let cool for about 10 minutes before popping out of the mold.
Now the fun part! Take your cupcake icing and spray around the center of your cake bite. Insert half a pretzel stick and lightly sprinkle with your colorful sprinkles.
Just think how much the kids, your friends, and even neighbors will love these. My neighbors did:) If you are wondering what I did what the rest of the cake batter, stay tuned. You can of course use the entire mix to make more bites, but I chose to make something else.
Print or save recipe card for pumpkin cake bites
How to make pumpkin cake bites using egg bite molds in the Instant Pot
Pumpkin spice bites
- 1 15.5 oz Spiced cake mix, or any other you prefer, chocolate, yellow cake, etc. Egg bite mold can hold a total of 7.5 oz. This recipe makes 14 bites total, or 7 bites and a mini cake in a 3 cup bundt pan.
- 7 Thin pretzel sticks
- 1 can Green cupcake frosting (can has a nozzle) Found in baking section, next to cupcake liners, sprinkles, etc.
- 3 eggs
- vegetable oil
- First, mix cake according to the box instructions exactly as stated.
- Prepare a seven cavity egg bite mold by lightly spray the inner cavity with non-stick butter or baking joy non stick, or coconut oil.
- Place mold on a trivet or sling with handles. Fill each mold evenly. You can go to the top. They may bake over, but while cooling they shrink down. DO NOT COVER the mold with tin foil.
- Add one cup of water to the pot.
- Set the pot on High Pressure for 15 minutes. Do a quick release when finished.
- Carefully remove lid away from face. Set the mold on a flat surface to cool for at least 10 minutes before popping out.
- Set your bites in a cupcake liner. Top with green frosting in a swirl pattern. Stick your pretzel on top and there you have the cutest pumpkin bites.
I’ll give you a hint of what did with the remaining cake batter… I did use my flower pan. That’s all for today folks. See you back soon.
Cheater cook time magnets. Not only useful, but they are also quite cute!
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure Cooking today!
Find us on YOUTUBE
Feel free to join our Facebook Recipe Group. You can learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes.
Check out our new Digital, downloadable, printable pressure cooking cookbook. No crazy recipes here! You will have most ingredients and spices in your everyday pantry. Very traditional cooking for the everyday person, all tried and true and passing them to you.
Need even more recipes?
Not only for Fall but all year long enjoy amazing comfort foods. Now featuring our Fall Foodie Fixin’s hands-on digital e-Book. For use with the Ninja Foodi, Air fryer, and Mealthy CrispLid.