Hey there friends! If you are new here, welcome. I am really glad to see you! 🙂 Today I am sharing how to make Shrimp Scampi in the Instant Pot.
Seriously, so simple it almost seems funny to share this recipe. A one-pot meal in less than 30 minutes. WOWZA! Your family is going to love it, trust me.
They will have no choice but to love you because you all will smell like garlic together. Well worth it, plus it’s good for you. Shrimp is also good for you because it is high in a few vitamins and minerals. It is a rich source of protein and eating shrimp may also promote heart and brain health because it contains omega-3 fatty acids and an antioxidant.
Ingredients For Shrimp Scampi
For this shrimp scampi recipe, you will need shrimp that is frozen, cooked, and deveined with tails on. You will also need fresh lemon, garlic, scallions, white wine, pasta, chicken broth, and a few seasonings such as kosher salt, pepper, parsley, and freshly grated cheese.
This is Our Ultimate Favorite Pasta.
This shrimp scampi recipe never lets us down and it turns out especially well in the Instant Pot. Whenever I cook pasta in the pressure cooker I typically half the time the box recommends for on the stovetop. It comes out great every time.
I jumped on Facebook live to cook this shrimp scampi recipe and you may watch the recording of that live demonstration here if you like.
Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi
- 1 lb. Pasta of choice.
- 1 lemon
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 1 bunch chopped green scallions
- 1/2 stick butter
- pinch kosher salt
- 16 oz. Frozen clean and deveined shrimp with tail
- Parsley and pepper to garnish on top of pasta when finished
- Add 3 cups of water to the Instant Pot. Add pasta. Set pressure to a high level for 6 minutes. Quick-release away from cabinets
- Remove pasta from the pot. Drain in a colander and rinse pasta. Keep aside.
- Next, turn your pot on saute mode and add 4 tablespoons of butter. Once the butter starts melting, add your chopped garlic and scallions. Saute using spurtles HERE and continue to stir until lightly brown.
- Add one cup of chicken broth, white wine, a pinch of kosher salt, and pepper to the pot
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze one half in with the broth wine and seasonings.
- Add frozen shrimp in and stir for a minute or two. Add pasta back in the pot. Mix all well together. Squeeze the other half of lemon on top. Add grated cheese and a little more pepper. Dinner is ready! Enjoy.
Pin it, Make it, ENJOY!