It’s killing me not having a piece of this for breakfast. Spring is almost in the air! That is according to the pollen flying around here. Welcome to Home Pressure cooking. I’m glad you stopped by. Today I am sharing how to make a spring flower cake in the Instant Pot. I was in the mood for something refreshing and fun to make in the pot and I love a good experiment. For this one, I even got to play with a little food coloring and that was fun since I am a reformed craft-aholic. I gave it up for cooking instead and I actually enjoy both now!
I wasn’t always a lover of cooking.
The Instant Pot changed that for me. Heck, I even am brave enough to jump on Facebook live and make a fool out of myself (NOT ALWAYS, just sometimes). You can check me out live crafting this spring flower cake. For this cake, you need a white cake mix, food coloring (a color choice you own), fruit, fresh or canned, and a jello packet. I used an orange jello packet and mandarin oranges as my fruit choice.
All I needed was a stem and I would say this truly was a spring flower:)
You can make variations of this cake: if you wanted to make a strawberry cake, with strawberries in the middle and pink coconut, go for it or if you want it purple, use a white box cake mix with blueberry jello, and fill the middle with blueberries. You get the gist. Use your creative juices and make it your own.
I will say the orange jello in the cake mix, and mandarin oranges in the middle were quite refreshing.
It was almost too pretty to eat. We didn’t have a problem though!
Want to know what else you can make in a Springform/Bundt pan? Check out all my recipes HERE using the pan
Try it out and let me know. Pin it, make it, share it. I appreciate it.
Spring flower cake in the Instant Pot
Spring flower cake
- 1 15.5 oz. White Box cake mix, preferably Duncan Hines
- 2 cups coconut
- food coloring, color of choice ( I used green)
- 1 jello pack (Orange)
- 1 can mandarin oranges
- 8 oz. tub Cool whip
- First prepare your Spring form pan by lightly spraying with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.In a mixing bowl, add cake mix and jello packet. Mix according to the box directions exactly.
- Add one cup of water to the Pot. Add cake mix to your pan and be sure to spread evenly of give the pan a little slide back and forth (jiggle motion) to ensure even level of batter in the pan.Place your pan on a trivet rack. Lower pan into the pot and set on High Pressure Manual for 45 minutes.Quick release when time is up. Remove cake carefully and set aside for cooling.
- Frost cake with cool whip topping.In a separate bowl add coconut and food coloring. Mix well until desired colored achieved. Sprinkle on top of cake.You may cut your cake to appear like a flower on the plate before serving. It sure makes a beautiful presentation and tastes amazing! ENJOY.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!