Good day friends! Welcome to Home Pressure Cooking:) Today I am sharing how to make a turkey in the Instant Pot. It doesn’t have to be Thanksgiving to make a turkey. I had a turkey dinner in less than 2 hours from cook time to table. For this recipe, you only need a few ingredients. Onion soup, orange juice, and whole canned cranberry.
How to Make Turkey in the Instant Pot
My Turkey breast was frozen solid when I put it in the Instant Pot. You always have to allow additional time for the pot to pressurize. It took an additional 15 minutes before the time started. My turkey breast was 7 lbs. and I made it in my 8 Qt. Instant Pot.
I have truly found having the 6 Qt. and the 8 Qt. have been beneficial and worth my investment. I made stuffing on the side in the 6 Qt. while my turkey was cooking.
You can check out my Facebook live video and catch some live-action cooking. I come on at least once a week and cook with y’all. For the stuffing, I simply followed the recipe on the back of a Pepperidge farm Herb bag. The directions were for the stovetop, but I used the saute function on the Instant Pot and it worked fantastically. I have made stuffing various ways and you can check out my other stuffing in the Instant Pot recipe HERE.
(You can also find all the recipes I have made using my 7′ Spring form/Bundt pan HERE)
All the juices added in the pot to make this turkey made for a wonderful gravy of sorts. The more the better drizzled on the turkey and stuffing. Believe me, you have more than enough to add on top of this recipe.
Let us know you made it.
Share it, pin it, make it.
Turkey Breast in the Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker
- 1 Turkey breast up 7lbs. in the 8 Qt. up to 4 lbs. in the 6 Qt.
- 1 can or packet onion soup
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 can 15.25 oz. Whole cranberries
- 1 cup water
- First, pat and dry the turkey breast then spread a little olive oil on, and lightly season with salt and pepper. Add one cup of water to the pot.
- Set Turkey breast on a trivet rack and lower down in the pot.
- Pour onion soup (If you used a dry packet you'll need to mix it beforehand with water), pour orange juice, and cranberries. Set your pot on High Pressure, Manual for 55 minutes.
- Your pot will take a while before it comes to pressure. Be patient, it will happen.
- When time is up let your pot Naturally release. This may take an additional 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the turkey breast from the pot and set it on a platter. Use the juices/sauce from the pot to pour on top of your sliced turkey. Enjoy!
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Check out our Air Fried Wings or our Ninja Foodi BBQ Chicken Wings.
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!