Hi there, friends! How about a little Tuscan dish for today? Today I am sharing Instant Pot Tuscan chicken with spinach and pine nuts. I can’t say I set out with a plan for this recipe.
The truth is, I used what I had on hand in our fridge and pantry and sort of dumped it all together and hoped for the best. I wasn’t too worried about it though because I knew everything inside the pot was good and when combined would more than likely taste great! I was right, so I jumped on a Facebook live to share, and you can check that out:
Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken
For this Instant Pot Tuscan chicken recipe, you will need about 2.5lbs of chicken breast, Tuscany chicken broth by Progresso, or any other broth you may have on hand.
Pine nuts, Garlic, Tomatoes, Sun-dried tomatoes, Lemon, Artichoke Hearts, Spinach, Olive Oil, Plum tomatoes, Tortellini
Although I did not have the sun-dried tomatoes, lemon, or artichokes on hand, this is what I would add next time. In lieu of the Sun-dried tomatoes, I had sun-dried tomato garlic. Pine nuts are a pricey item. They do however make the dish and really are quite tasty.
From start to finish this dish took less than an hour to prepare and was on the table within the hour. One pot, one clean up. I did, however, make tortellini on the side while my chicken was cooking in the pressure cooker.
Give this clean eating and healthy recipe a try, Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken.
Tuscan Tortellini Chicken
- 2.5 lbs Chicken breast, cubed
- 2 cups Tuscany chicken broth by Progresso or plain chicken broth is fine
- 2 oz. Pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons Minced garlic
- 2 cups plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- lemon juiceto taste
- 16 oz. Fresh Spinach
- olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- artichokes optional
- First, set your pot to saute mode on high. Add a drizzle of olive oil to the bottom of the pot. Saute pine nuts to a golden brown, tossing and turning as you go.
- Next, remove pine nuts and set aside. Add another drizzle of olive oil if need be. Add in cube chicken and lightly brown on both sides. Add broth on top of chicken and be sure to scrap any bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Next, add back pine nuts, tomatoes, artichokes if adding in the recipe, sun dried tomatoes lemon juice, salt and pepper. DO NOT MIX.
- Set pot on High Pressure Manual for 15 minutes. Let Pot come to a Natural release. Carefully open lid and add in spinach. Lightly stir until spinach is tender. Serve over Tortellini or pasta of choice.
- NOTE: If you would like to add the Tortellini in the pot, and not do on stove top. You may Add in your Tortellini after the pot has naturally released, and then add tortellini in and set pot back for 2 minutes high pressure with a quick release. I would not recommend more than 1l b, Tortellini for this recipe in the pot.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!