Good day to you friends! Welcome to Home Pressure Cooking.
Today we are sharing how easy it is to make a delicious Beef Stroganoff in the Instant Pot. Whether or not you choose to use beef stew meat or a chuck roast, your meat is sure to be tender, juicy, and delicious.
This simple Beef Stroganoff recipe is a real flavor bomb. You may use low sodium soups, and fat-free cream cheese and your Stroganoff will still taste delicious.
Using a chuck roast as well for this recipe, you would simply season and cube it before you saute.
This photo down below is with the Stew meat. You can’t go wrong either way.
2 pounds of cubed stew or pot roast meat
french onion Campbell’s soup
Golden mushroom soup
2-4 tbs of Worcestershire sauce, or more to taste. We love it!
3-4 cans of water
8 oz. of cream cheese
1 tbsp of Garlic salt, Parsley for garnish, corn starch to thicken gravy
1 bag of Yolk egg noodles, Baby carrots (optional).
NOTE: If you add in the baby carrots, those would go in after the meat and sauce are cooked. I would throw in the carrots and put the lid back on for an additional two minutes.
I would stick with egg noodles for this dish. They make for a hearty home made meal along with the Stroganoff.
Enjoy. Pin it, share it, make it!
Beef Stroganoff in the Instant Pot
- 2 lbs Beef stew meat of chuck roast, cubed
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 1 10 oz. can of golden mushroom soup
- 3-4 cans water
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- olive oil
- 1 10 oz. French Onion Soup
- 1-2 tbsp corn starch
- carrots and mushrooms optional
- First, add a drizzle of olive oil to the pot, set on saute mode. Add onions, and saute to a golden brown. Add garlic salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
- Add cubed beef stew meat along with the onions. Saute on both sides until lightly brown.
- Next, add in both cans of soup. Add water, and mix well. Next place the pressure cooker lid on the pot.
- Set on High-Pressure Manual for 45 minutes. Let Naturally release. Carefully remove the lid.
- Cube cream cheese and add to pot. Mix well and put on simmer for a few minutes until well combined. At this point, if you would like a thicker consistency you may add in a tablespoon of cornstarch and mix to thicken into a sauce.
- Prepare your egg noodles on the stovetop. **
- Top with sour cream and fresh parsley.
- ** I DO NOT recommend adding them to this pot as they may be too starchy and change the taste of the Stroganoff.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!