Hey there friends! I made Buffalo chicken wings, Buffalo Sauce Cauliflower, fried pickles, mini pizzas, and for dessert, apple turnovers. Today I will share how to make apple turnovers in the air fryer. I will share all the recipes I made in the days to come.
Yesterday was an all-day affair with my new Air fryer. Our home team, the Buffalo Bills were in Jacksonville, Florida for a big game. Sadly, we lost but happy we even made it that far this season. My husband and our two sons were truly excited to watch the game. I decided to have a non-stop food fest for them.
Please keep in mind, I am a newbie to the air fryer. I am more of the type just to wing it, opposed to following recipes. There is always trial and error involved. Like for instance: the turnover in the middle, I wouldn’t put on top again like that. It didn’t bake all the way through on the bottom, and I ended up putting it back in the air fryer for a minute or two.
For these apple turnovers in the air fryer, all you need is a roll of Pillsbury Grand biscuits, Apple pie filling, and some cinnamon. I used lite no-sugar apple pie filling.
Open your roll of biscuits. Lay biscuits flat and go over with a rolling pin to thin them out.
Add your apple pie filling and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Fold over and pleat with fork closed. I used some of the apple pie filling syrup and brushed it on top, then sprinkled more cinnamon on as well.
I used my nifty Insta-Pan which works fantastic in the air fryer. Layer turnovers in the pan accordingly. You can use the Insta-pan in the pressure cooker, oven, and air fryer. It is quite versatile.
This is where a little trial and error came in for me. I pre-heated the air fryer at 350 degrees for about 2 minutes. Then I kicked down the temperature to 325 degrees. Full directions down below.
The family LOVED them.
Apple Turnovers in the Air Fryer
- 1 can Pillsbury biscuits
- 1 15.25 oz. apple pie filling
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- cinnamon to taste
- Open can of biscuits. Separate each biscuit. Using a rolling pin, flatten down each biscuit.
- Spoon in apple pie filling in the center of the biscuit. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon on top of the pie filling. Fold it over and pinch/press together the edges with a fork to close.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees and lightly spray a round pan with non-stick spray.
- Layer your turnovers in a round pan. Melt butter and brush it on top of biscuits. Turn the temperature of the air fryer down to 325.
- Place pan in Air Fryer basket and set time to about 15-17 minutes. Please check in between to be sure your biscuits are not overcooking. If you find that they are overcooking, cover with foil to help them not to burn and continue cooking. Once the time is up, remove and set aside to cool. May cut in and enjoy!