Hi there folks! Welcome to Home Pressure Cooking. Today I am sharing how to make applesauce walnut raisin cake in the Instant Pot. Hope you are all getting ready for the holiday season. I actually started a little Christmas shopping today. I put a pretty good dent in it so far. That will make me less stressed in the coming days. I want to enjoy the time with family and friends and not feel all the stress that people tend to get this time of year. Chill, relax, and enjoy it.
Onto my recipe…
I never made applesauce cake before and I thought I would give it a whirl. Considering my Cranberry Seltzer Soda Cake turned out so good, I figured this cake was worth try.
All you need for this recipe is a cake mix, your choice of yellow, white, or spice cake mix.
Cinnamon applesauce, golden raisins, and walnuts. Walnuts are optional. I loved them on this cake.
One egg is optional. If you decide to use the egg, then minus half a cup of applesauce. I did not use the egg. However, my husband said next time try it with one egg. I loved it as is. Your call on that one.
I admit, it was quite delicious for breakfast and I felt I got my iron, and nutrients from a little fruit to start the day. 🙂 I figured I deserved it, considering this week at my “Weight Watchers weigh-in” I lost 3 lbs. during Thanksgiving week, no less.
This cake was definitely moist and quite dense as well.
Yum, yum, yum! Here is the recipe. Print or Save Applesauce Walnut Raisin Cake
As always when using a Springform pan, don’t forget to foil wrap the outer bottom of the pan just in case there is any small leakage. Also, use a trivet or make a tin foil sleeve that you can lower your pan in the pot and easily remove.
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
More Cooking with Applesauce?
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!
Applesauce Walnut Raisin Cake
- Pressure Cooker
- 7-inch bundt pan/cake pan
- 1 cake mix (your choice of yellow, white, or spiced)
- 1½ cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1 cup golden raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, mix your cake, applesauce, raisins, and walnuts. Do not add the oil or water that is called for by the box mix.
- You can add 1 egg if you desire. If you do, this is in place of the additional ½ applesauce. (** see notes for clarification)
- Add mix to greased/non-stick 7-inch bundt pan or cake pan. Cover tightly with foil.
- Add 1 cup of water to the inner pot of the pressure cooker
- Set pressure cooker to High Pressure for 30 min.
- Quick-release the pressure and remove the cake. Allow cooling before attempting to remove it from the pan.