Weight Watchers Balsamic Pineapple Pork Chops in the Instant Pot
These pork chops in the Instant Pot recipe couldn’t be made simpler.
If you do not have an Instant Pot, this recipe can certainly be improvised. See below original source. If you do have an Instant Pot..kudos. We are going to be cooking up some healthy eats moving forward. We have plenty of calorie-packed and not-so-calorie-packed recipes here. I for sure am diversified.
There’s Also a Stovetop Version
Today I am sharing a weight watcher’s balsamic pork chop recipe done in the Instant Pot. I tweaked the original recipe I found on Passionate Penny Pincher, which is a stovetop version. Looked great, had the points value already figured out and I happened to have a package of fresh pork chops on hand. She did not use pineapple or the same seasonings I did. I always say, make a recipe your own. Her recipe did however inspire me:) Winner-winner pork chop dinner!
I am starting back to Weight Watchers meetings beginning on Wednesday of this week and I know it is a totally different program from back 16 years ago. I have a lot to learn so if you are new here and want to follow along please bear with me, and possibly help a girl out. The Weight Watchers program is about the most supportive group of women I have ever seen out there. We all are there for the same reason. To feel healthy and good about ourselves again.
I love using a good Pork rub because it totally takes the guesswork out of what spices and seasonings to use on pork. With a hint of brown sugar, a little kick, and just a hint of salt this seasoning truly is all you need.
After I seasoned the pork chops I used a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to heat my inner stainless steel pot. I then lightly sauteed on each side.
We stacked my chops on a trivet and lightly drizzled balsamic glaze and then cut up a fresh pineapple and added that on top to seal the flavor and juices.
We didn’t even use a tablespoon of glaze on each chop so it was very light in the calories, carbs, and sugars. Not even half of what you see..perhaps. If you never tried the glaze, please do. It is so delicious on so many things. I love it more than the traditional balsamic in a bottle.
I had one pork chop, a scoop (palm size) of red curry rice, and a tomato and onion stacked on the side. Perfectly delicious, nutritious, and satisfying.
I may have enough points to have a piece of my Weight Watchers Pumpkin Banana cake.
Weight Watchers Balsamic Pork Chops in the Instant Pot
Pin it, make it, share it!
Balsamic Pork Chops in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot
- Ninja Foodi
- 6 bone-in pork chops
- balsamic glaze (found in the balsamic section of the grocery store)
- pork rub blend of choice
- olive oil
- 1 cup cubed pineapple chunks (may use canned)
- Set your pot on high saute mode. Drizzle olive oil on the bottom of the pan. Lightly season your pork chops front to back. Add pork chops to the pot. Saute, front and back to a light golden brown. You may set the pot to a medium saute if you wish to make sure you do not burn. NOTE: Not all six porch chops may fit in the pot. Do one batch, set on a plate, and then throw the remainder in and follow the same method as above.
- Once your chops are all golden brown you may set them on a trivet rack. They can be stacked. However, each chop at this point will get a light drizzle of balsamic glaze on each.
- Add one cup of water to the pot. Once chops are all layered nicely on a rack you can then add pineapple chunks on top. I used about 1 cup of chunked pineapple.
- Set pot on High Pressure for 25 minutes and then let naturally release. Ready to serve. You can add more glaze and pineapple on top for more flavor and also a beautiful presentation. ENJOY!Approx WW point value= 4 points per pork chop
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
More to Help With Your Diet!
Check out our Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs or our Instant Pot Meal Prep Chicken
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!