Today I am sharing one pot Weight Watchers shredded spicy mango chicken in the Instant Pot. Do not be fooled by the low caloric intake on this recipe. It is so good you will want to keep eating it, so beware:)
This was so easy and delicious. The mini sweet Hawaiin rolls were a great addition. You can skip the rolls if you are really strict on the diet. This is also a recipe you can kick up a notch with extra spice to whatever your liking.
Tasty little bites indeed!
With a hint of sweet, yet savory mango salsa, and a kick of Jamaican hot sauce, you can’t go wrong.
There’s really nothing complicated or sophisticated to this recipe. Yet your family and friends will go wild.
Definitely on the good keeper list!
One roll equals 100 calories at 2 grams of fat each. Not horrible, but not exactly low calorie either considering their size.
I have since downloaded the weight watchers app so I can keep better track of points and I also attended my first meeting on Wednesday. I am totally pumped! Weight Watchers is not a diet. It is all about meal planning, proportion size, and learning how to eat right. We eat to live, not live to eat, is my motto. Truth be told.
You can find my Weight Watcher Recipes HERE
I only had two 🙂 And I ate my cauliflower smashed on the side. All and all it was a healthy low-calorie meal for us.
Approximate Weight Watcher Points equal 4 per serving. Not including the roll.
Weight Watchers Shredded Spicy Mango Chicken in the Instant Pot
Weight Watchers Spicy and Sweet Shredded Chicken
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- 14 oz. Salsa with mango (Paul Newmans)
- 1 Fresh Mango
- Jamaican Hot sauce
- Salt to taste
- First add one cup of water to your Pressure Pot
- Clean and pat chicken. Place on a trivet rack and lightly salt front and back of chicken breasts
- Set pot on High Pressure Manual for 15 minutes. Let the pot come to Natural Release.
- Remove chicken, dump water. Place chicken back in the pot. Pour the salsa, and dash the Jamaican hot sauce on top to your own spice liking. Shred chicken either with a fork, or hand mixer in the pot (if it is stainless steel). OPTIONAL: You may set the pot on warm mode while doing this step.
- Cube your fresh mango to add on top of shredded chicken and be sure to add more Jamaican hot sauce on top to your liking. ENJOY!
Looking for more beginner-friendly recipes? Click here!
Get fresh ideas delivered directly to you each week.
Sign up for our newsletter and be among the first to see our latest kitchen creations!
More to Help With Your Diet!
Prefer visual learning?
Subscribe to the Home Pressure Cooking YouTube Channel and discover a wealth of great video content at your fingertips!
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think about this recipe by leaving us a rating and review below!